Arlington DWI Lawyers
Strong Representation in DWI Cases
Have you been stopped for DWI in Texas? You might feel overwhelmed with the potential penalties you may face with a conviction. Working to avoid the worst possible outcome involves understanding all of your legal options and securing capable representation as soon as you can. At Labovitz Law Firm, our criminal defense attorneys in Arlington work with each client to create a solid strategy for their case so they do not have to feel helpless about the outcome of a traffic stop.
Why hire our firm?
- We put more than 16 years of experience to work for you.
- We have handled thousands of cases.
- We communicate openly with you.
- We focus on meeting your unique legal needs.
If you were recently charged with a DWI, contact our Arlington criminal defense attorneys for a free consultation at (817) 374-4056.
The DWI Laws in Texas
What is DWI in Texas considered? DUI is often used in addition to “DWI,” however, the state of Texas recognizes “DWI,” or “driving while intoxicated. To be charged with DWI, legally the person’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is tested at .08 or above. This includes driving while under the influence of drugs.
Penalties for DWI in Texas
Texas takes DWI charges very seriously and the prosecution will show no mercy when handling your case. By hiring an attorney as soon as possible you can actively work to avoid significant and potentially life-changing penalties.
The negative consequences of a DWI can be far-reaching and include:
- Potential jail time for months or years, depending on the circumstances
- Steep fines
- The installation of an ignition interlock device in your vehicle, if you have two or more DWI convictions within a 5-year time period
- Increased insurance rates
The penalties for a first offense include:
- Fine of up to $2, 000
- Jail time between 3 and 180 days
- Up to 1 year driver's license suspension
- A yearly fee between $1, 000 to $3, 000 for 3 years to maintain your driver's license
The penalties for second offense might include:
- Fine of up to $4, 000
- Jail time for 1 month and up to 1 year
- Driver's license suspension up to 2 years
- A yearly fee of $1, 000; $1, 500; or $2, 000 to maintain your driver's license
If you were recently arrested, you might be confused and trying to catch up with everything that is happening. One important element that many accused of DWI do not properly handle is working to maintain their right to drive. We have had success with many DWI cases and can often assist clients to obtain occupational licenses or reduce the negative impacts of their charges. Every individual charged with DWI may schedule an Administrative License Revocation (ALR) hearing within 15 days, for example. Scheduling your hearing can help you to maintain your driving privileges until at least the time of the hearing.
Call an Arlington DWI Attorney Today!
Whether you are facing first-time DWI or felony DWI charges, our firm has the experience and resources to guide you through the legal process and fight for the best possible outcome on your behalf. Over the years, we've handled thousands of cases and established a reputation as a firm committed to excellence. As a small firm, we devote a significant amount of time into the investigation and preparation of each client's case and maintain a high level of personal interaction and communication.
Call (817) 374-4056 to speak with our criminal attorneys about your legal options.