Arlington Child Custody Lawyer
Protecting the Best Interests of Your Child - Call (817) 374-4056
When there are children involved in a divorce, it is inevitable that custody becomes a central matter in proceedings. Custody cases can also frequently occur between unmarried couples. Texas law will always place the interests of the child first. Generally, even where parents cannot agree about virtually any other component of their divorce, they want what is best for their children. It is important to secure representation to defend your parental rights and help you to do what is best for your child. At Labovitz Law Firm, our family law attorneys in Arlington can give you the legal help you need.
Take a look at the benefits of hiring our firm:
- 16+ years of experience
- Personal legal service
- Free case consultations
- Dependable communication
Call (817) 374-4056 for a free consultation today at our Arlington family law firm.
How is Child Custody Determined in Texas?
A judge in Texas will use the best interests of the child as the primary factor to determine child custody. There are various points to consider when deciding what is in the best interests of the child. Some of these include:
- The relationship the child has with each parent
- The child’s safety and health
- The health of each parent
- The location and surrounding environment where each parent lives
- The proximity of each parent’s home to the other
- The ability of each parent to financially provide
- Any history of child abuse or domestic violence
If you have further questions about how child custody is determined in Texas, don’t hesitate to contact our firm today! Call (817) 374-4056 today!
How Do I File for Visitation?
If you and your ex-spouse, ex-partner, or other family members cannot agree on visitation, you need a legal advocate to fight for you.
We provide assistance to clients in a variety of complicated custody situations including:
- Residential restrictions: In some circumstances, it is favorable to request restrictions on the residence where the child resides (or to lift to those restrictions)
- Modifications: We can pursue modifications of custody orders to change the amount of time or schedule available for parental visits.
- Custodial visits: For non-custodial parents who have had mixed pasts with drugs, abuse, or alcohol we can make requests for supervised visitation.
- Custody and visitation: Arrangements for custody and visitation can be complicated by the age of the child, or disabilities.
Our small firm is dedicated to helping each client with personalized attention and aggressive representation. Our Arlington parental visitation lawyers want to help you find solutions to the legal situation of seeing your child.
Parental visitation rights can seem difficult to pursue sometimes.
Contact us at (817) 374-4056 for legal representation now.